Pain Management w/ Splints, Wraps, & Other Supports
If you are suffering from foot or lower-leg pain caused by an injury or another problem, a splint, wrap, or other supportive device can be an excellent way to decrease or eliminate your discomfort. These devices support the foot and ankle thereby preventing further injury, minimizing swelling and pain, and facilitating healing.
If you are experiencing foot or lower-leg pain, contact your doctor today. Your physician can assess your condition and determine if supports will provide the relief you need.
Candidates for lower-leg and foot supports
Foot and lower-leg supports can be used to solve a number of problems, including:
- Achilles tendonitis.
- Foot drop (caused by nerve damage).
- Heel spurs.
- Pain caused by damage to the muscles and/or tendons.
- Plantar fasciitis.
- Shin splints.
- Sprained ligaments.
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome.
Support options include:
- Prescription orthotics: Orthotics are custom devices crafted to precisely fit a patient’s foot or leg, minimizing stress on the joints, bones, and muscles. Some orthotics also rework the anatomical makeup of the foot or leg over time, thereby improving its function.
- Splints, including night splints: Splints reduce or prevent contraction of the foot and leg muscles, thereby reducing pain caused by over-contraction.
- Wraps: Wraps, including supportive bandages and hot and cold packs, support the feet and ankles while minimizing discomfort.